Friday, May 05, 2006

TOJam: Preparation

Well, the Toronto Indie Game Jam starts tonight at 6pm. I'm pretty excited although I'm not really sure what to expect. I've been loading my laptop up with tools, picking some books I want to bring, and some music to listen to.

I have high hopes for the event. Martin and I have been tossing around some game ideas that seem really fun, and only slightly impossible to finish.

At first, I was a put off by the tone of the TOJam site. It has a very slick marketing-to-gamers feel, but it seems to confuse smack-talking game players with game developers. In my experience, most professional developers are a pretty humble bunch.

There! I bit the hand that feeds. Now I'm officially indie, right? Anyhoo, the site has to cater to multiple audiences, not just the developers, I suppose.

To write this entry, I took a look at the site of the original Indie Game Jam. Hmmm. The idea we've been talking about looks like it could have fit that theme. Oh well, I'm only a handful of years late. Consider it incremental innovation.

I'm going to take a camera and I'll try to post some as-it-happens pictures and maybe even some screenshots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home